Tips for Small Business Success: 2018 Edition
Posted by: Claire M | 02/26/2018 at 11:00 AM
The analogy of a new year being a blank book with 365 pages to fill is perfect for the small business owner. Here are a few tips to help you write your success story.
- Focus on the big picture: Every Ambit Consultant knows the importance of finding their “Why.” It’s what inspired you to start your own business, and it’s what keeps you going through times bad and good. Think about how your life has changed. Whether you stick with your old “Why” or come up with a new one, make sure you keep it in front of you while you work. When you consider your “Why?” you’re able to look beyond the immediate and focus on the reason you started on this path.
- Break it down: Now that you’ve re-framed and refocused, consider which steps will help you achieve your goals. Making lists is an excellent way to move towards small business success. Have you updated your contact list and scheduled follow-up calls? Consider potential Customers and Consultants; are some more apt to attend a home meeting vs. engaging online? Break down this information into manageable tasks. Use your back-office tools available on PowerZone.
- Track it all: Mark down all known major events on your calendar for the year. Plan now to attend training and workshops like AMBITION, Simulcast and the Executive Tour that will help you rock your business; these are necessary time investments.
- Network: It’s been said that your network determines your net worth, so expanding your network is an important part of small business success. Whether you’re traveling with your day job or at the grocery store, always have your business cards with you and be ready to share the Opportunity.
- Seek mentorship: For many, entrepreneurship seems a lonely road but as an Ambit Consultant, you have an advantage many others don’t - an engaged upline. Reach out to your leaders and ask them questions. Build relationships; as you’re networking you’re sure to come in contact with incredible individuals. Mentors can come from any industry and can help you learn to juggle your business with everyday life, and manage expectations.
Finally, don’t forget to take care of yourself! Burnout is real, so make sure to spend time resting and relaxing. Work your plan, then make it work better by using these tips.
Back to the Spark →